WHERE TO EAT AND DRINK
Our recommendations of where to eat and drink while you're in Nottingham. As compiled by Charline Tessereau
PUBS NEAR CAMPUS
Both these pubs are within 10 minutes walk of the main campus:
- Johnson Arms
- The Boat Inn
GETTING INTO THE CITY CENTRE
Trams: direction Hucknall. Buy tickets before you board
Bus: I4, 34, 35, 36 or Skylink.
Uber to town would be ~7/8 pounds
If weather is good: lovely walk along the canal, ~35 minutes walk to the station (or the canal house pub 😉 )
TO EAT&DRINK IN TOWN
- Canal House: nice choice of beers and food, nice and big terrace along the canal.
- Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem: Oldest pub of England! Nice traditional pub with an outside area just above the castle, traditional ales. Traditional pub food.
- Pitcher and Piano: Pub in a former church. Nice terrace area. Food bit expensive, but happy hours on cocktails until 8pm.
- Junkyard: nice selection of beers and beer garden shared with the Herbert Kilpin.
- The Angel microbrewery: brew their own beers and traditional pub food, good.
- Hockley Art Club: Bit hidden (go through the porch on the right of the blue shop), very beautiful place, good food and good cocktails.
- Peppers Rock: beautiful atmosphere. Good cocktails on happy hour until 10pm, free popcorn. Nice terrace upstairs.
- Rough Trade: nice live music upstairs
- Lost Property: a huge selection of gins and tonics in the famous caves of Nottingham. Don't get lost: ask if the caves are opened at the bar.
- Boilermaker: original hidden cocktail bar. Bit expensive.
- Zaap: Thailandese restaurant, looks like the streets of Thailand. Very original place.
- Delilah: open until 7pm, very good quality products.
- George's: Fish and chips speciality, fresh and good.
- Sexy Mama Loves Spaghetti: Italian tapas.
- Bar Iberico: tapas